Sunday, June 12, 2011

I love flowers...

Summer feels like it's finally here!   I've been busy with the usual yard work, gardening, and flower shopping! I've also been busy taking photos...for fun of course...it's one of my many passions.  I probably need to learn how to place a watermark on my photos (so if anyone wants to share a fast way of doing this, please send me an email).  I think I tried it once using picasa but I rarely use that program...I have much to learn in the blog world!

Well...here they are.  (Please do not copy my photos without my permission!!  Thank you.)

I've fallen in love with poppies this year.  Last year I bought this one...and am so happy to see it return this year! :)  I love perennials!










This makes me want to hop on a plane and fly out to Hawaii!  Anyone want to join?!  :)  wishful thinking...!


 I love flowers in the daisy family...anything with lots of petals and large centers!  (I wish I knew my plant/flower names better!!)

Purple....ahhh...I am using this color a lot more lately in my quilting.  Quilt inspiration...visions of sugarplums dancing in my head!!!
















I think this one is becoming one of my favorites!  I love the colors...truly amazing how each flower is so brilliant and unique.










And now for the reveal of my favorite part of flowers...the inside center.  I find there is often a surprise waiting, something that I may not observe until I take time to actually stop and "smell the roses"! This is the inside of a poppy.  Oh just lovely.  (kind of reminds me of a hedgehog or porcupine!).














The best part of my photo adventure was spending time with a friend.  I am a lucky girl to have some very amazing friends.  ;)  Thanks friends for everything...xo!

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your photos are stunning! And such beautiful flowers. The more you look at flowers the more you see!