Tuesday, November 2, 2010

projects that are getting closer....

Oooh la la....I love to see a project take "shape"!!! :) This past weekend a friend and I were able to help keep our favorite quilt shop in town open while the gals were off to quilt market! What a fun experience...and now I know just how hard our friends work to help customers find the "perfect" fabric to go with a project!!

We also had some good quality sewing time and my goal was to keep working on my UFO's so I can get more FINISHED! 4 days in the quilt shop...and only took home 1 yard of fabric...SHOCKING!! I'm still surprised...but know "I'll be back" (spoken in an Arnold S-kind of voice!)

Sticking to my goal was great as I was able to get CLOSER to finishing some very fun projects...


Pumpkins...Buggy Barn style! I love this pattern.

And very very close to finishing my "Big Bang". For this quilt top I've used "Wordplay". I love this fabric and can't wait to measure, cut, and sew the 4 pieces together!

Every morning on my way into the quilt shop I walked past this frog. He sits watching a fountain along the street in our downtown area. Quiet contemplation - a pose I adore and often find myself in...


Hope your week is swell! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Big Bang is going to be just spectacular!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a lovely post! Those pumpkins are gorgeous!!Big Bang is amazing!!! and the little frog looks so friendly, what a nice little fellow to walk by every day.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Lovely my dear! Your projects are so fun.

I'm still shocked you only came back home with only one yard. Maybe you are waiting for what was bought at market.