Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nature the applique way

Today I took a class from June Jaeger. She's an amazing quilter and artist. Most of her quilts involve nature and the outdoors using fusible applique, among other techniques. Here's a bit of my fun today...

I started out by tracing my pattern onto steam a seam 2...


Placed the pieces onto my fabric and cut all the pieces out...
Decided where I wanted them all to be, peeled the paper off and stuck it down...then to the iron...
I still have much to finish on it...can't decide if I want to do more of the quilt or just make this into a nice wall hanging....we'll see! I think the quilting part will be fun.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Holly! Looks like a fun class you're taking. You mentioned in a comment on my blog that you were interested in joining a quilting bee. Flickr is a wonderful source of information and inspiration for todays quilter. I belong to several groups,such as Old Red Barn co. Quilt along, where every few months we start a new quilt together, with someone providing instruction. I signed up for a vintage sheet fat quarter swap with someone on there, and she decided to start a bee as well,so I signed upfor that. Each group has a lot of discussion threads that lead to a lot of contacts. There is a group called Quilting Bee Blocks where you can post your pictures of blocks from bees, and people start discussions when they need people for bees. That would me a great place to start looking.
We are getting ready to start a hexagon Quilt Along, with Julie of Jaybirdquilts this week. Come check it out. Sorry this is such a long comment, but you don't have your email available.