Wednesday, February 3, 2010

new techniques

Here it is....the funked out peasant blouse. I'm not as funked out as many of the other gals in my class. This pattern is a fun one. I've learned so may things from this class...not quite complete here...you'll notice the neck is quite large. There is no elastic here yet and there is no bottom hem. I love this blouse. It's taught me how to place elastic with 3 different techniques. I've also learned how to place a zipper (have only done this one other time) and just basic pattern technique. I highly recommend taking as many sewing classes as possible! So much to learn! :) I'll have to post the final project when it is complete.


And here is the start to my "Hercules" quilt. It's using tri-rec rulers. This is certainly a lot more work making each of the blocks than I knew what I was getting myself into but well worth it when I am seeing the final result...


And, here is the start of putting it all together. I love this fabric and the colors are so yummy!
I have forgotten one of the middle star rows when I placed it up on the design wall...I was just so excited to get a photo before class was over. This pattern is from the book "Big Print Quilts".

Off to go sew!!

No comments: