Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sunshine on a cloudy day

I love weekends when Tami and I get together to sew. I can't count how many chick flicks we watched...even watched one twice! It's always fun to see what we accomplish as well.

I created my own pattern using a jelly roll. I'm sure there's a pattern out there for this but it's really quite simple. I love these colors. I call this "Sunshine on a Cloudy Day". It was a bit dreary this weekend...so, the name is fitting. :)

This photo...still organizing my blocks...


The shedders had fun too...fighting over the same chair the whole weekend. I think they went into hibernation mode. I'd like to go into hibernation mode - no work for a while would be great!!! (so I can sew!)


And here is Sunshine sewn together...just needs borders and all the rest to finish.

I worked on my rag quilt too...almost ready to cut the fringe to rag it...I started this quilt over a year ago. It's time to finish it!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hi! I found you by investigating my "followers"! Love this bright quilt. I am more than a little jealous that you have a sewing buddy!

holly k said...

I didn't realize I had comments!! Having a sewing buddy is great! Too bad we live 4 hours away from each other! But then I get to do two of my favorite things...travel and sew!

Tonya Ricucci said...

whee, your kitty really does look like my Habibi. More orange though and not nearly as fat. Nice to see sweet kitties sleeping curled up next to each other.