Wednesday, June 1, 2011

If I had a girl...

I'd be sewin' up a storm of these!

Tonight I took a sewing class from one of my favorite teachers.  I learned how to make this super cute little girl's dress that can easily become a shirt as they grow.  And the best part was learning how to do a french seam...will be using this and many more easy tricks very soon!

I don't have my own kiddos so I will be outfitting my family and friends with these this summer!  And I think I'm just going to have to make one or two or three for myself...pull out my favorite fabrics and put them to good use!

Starting a new quilt tomorrow...more sewing with friends.  I pulled a bunch of my favorite colors/patterns off the shelf...so hard to let it go and cut it all up...almost thought about putting it back on the shelf...maybe a bit of my fabric hoardiness (is that a word?!)...and knowing that some stuff I can't find ever again.  More posts tomorrow as I cut and cry!!

That's all folks...til another time!  Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's SO hard to cut into some fabrics! Strange because if we create with them we'll see them and use them more than if they're in a cupboard. That little dress is very cute, the pattern would make great summer tops!!