Sunday, August 29, 2010

Paper and thread

I've been working on my free-motion quilting as I'm getting some projects finished. Today I decided to make this card with my sewing machine. It all started last Christmas when I told my brother I'd like to hand-make all my Christmas gifts...well, I ran out of time and didn't make anything! He made my gift...and ever since when we discuss exchanging gifts, he jokingly asks if we are going to hand-make them or not! So...


I decided to hand-make his b-day card!

I must say the stitching was easier with regular thread. I used some decorative threads on the outside and inside...they have much less give...but, I love how this card came out. I think I'd like to play more with threads and thread painting...I'm sure it would be a lot of fun!!!

This project was quite easy...feed dogs down, free motion foot on! Only thing that would have made it better are my gloves...I forgot to put them on...still worked out ok though!

No comments: